When I was pregnant with my first I spent countless hours researching every baby item, and the one item that I spent the longest researching was a baby monitor. It may seem like a simple purchase but there are SO many options! If you are a new parent I’m sure you can relate. You’ve read all the amazon reviews and blogs and talked to all the parents you know but you are still not sure which is best, I’m here to help.
The baby monitor that I chose for my first child was the Eufy baby Spaceview pro and with another baby on the way, I'll still be using this monitor, I will just be purchasing another camera and connecting it to the original monitor which makes things very easy.
If you are looking at this monitor, or any similar monitor, here are some pros and cons to keep in mind:
- Not connected to Wi-Fi. If the internet goes out your monitor will still work and cannot be hacked.
- It has a physical monitor instead of using your phone. This may be a pro or con for you but personally I wanted my phone and the monitor separate incase I'm not carrying my phone around the house, or if you are on your phone you may not be able to view the video feed.
- Can pair with up to 4 cameras.
- Has a long battery life.
- The reach between the monitor and cameras is very good. The range is listed as 1000 ft.
- Two way audio, in case you want to talk to your baby.
- Will alert you when your baby makes a sound.
- The camera image quality is very good and it also has very good night vision.
- Room temperature monitoring.
- You are able to change the position of the camera on the monitor, incase your baby is moving around in their bed or room.
- Very easy to set up and use. It didn't take very long to use and get set up right out of the box.
- Very easy to take with you if you are traveling or moving. We took ours with us when we moved and the camera and the monitor took up no space in our luggage.
- There is a light on the camera, although not very bright can be a disturbance in a completely dark room. It has never bothered our son but may bother some babies.
- There is no light indicator when your baby makes a sound like other monitors.
- The camera must remain plugged in to be used but the monitor does not.
Overall this is such a great monitor that has many options and is easy to use. Definitely take a look and see if it's the perfect monitor for your family.