If you are anything like me, you’ve read a million “must have” lists for your hospital bag. Most of the lists I read included SO many items, and because I just had my first baby, I was clueless and brought ALL THE THINGS. My husband and I looked like we were moving in for a month with the way our bags were packed. Now that I know what to expect, I’d do it all differently. We were in the hospital for four days due to a long labor and then a C-section, but with these few items, I would have been more than prepared.
- A nursing/pumping bra if you plan to feed this way
- Button up pajamas or nightgown (I loved this one!)
- Portable nightlight- this was a lifesaver during the night and kept us from having to turn on the bright hospital room lights for feedings. This one is super small, dimmable and rechargeable!
- Long phone charger
- Toiletries for your first shower
- Bath towel- hospital towels are scratchy and TINY. Someone recommended I pack my own and I am so glad I did.
- A soft blanket, because again, hospital linens are not soft
- Comfy coming home outfit (I wore these joggers and this t-shirt)
I asked my husband what his absolute must haves were, and this is all he said he would need- so easy!
- Phone charger
- A change of clothes
- Pacifier- some hospitals may supply pacifiers, but ours didn’t and I am so glad we knew to pack one.
- A soft swaddle- the hospital provided a typical swaddle blanket but we ended up using this soft one from Caden Lane we had packed!
- Coming home outfit- Baby G lived in diapers and a swaddle during our stay. The only outfit we used was the one she came home in! We packed this gown to bring her home and loved it!
What are your hospital bag must-haves?!